Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Are You Serious?????

So I've been working since last November towards this competiton

www./womenstrifitness.com

A little ambitious for my first but it looked like a ton of fun. I love physical challenges and was totally excited to find something that involved more than just posing. This weekend I worked with my BIL who coaches high school track (one of many sports he coaches). He was amazing and taught me so much. I was feeling totally confident when BLAM!! I sprained my ankle doing box jumps. Holy Crap!! It hurt so bad I couldn't breath. He's yelling at me to breath and all I can think of is m$!*er F*$%#ck, what have I just done?!! All this work, I'm six weeks away with about 8% body fat to still lose and I'm not going to even be able to walk!! At first it didn't seem so bad and he made me walk around on it. By the time I got home though it had swelled humongous and turned purple all over. My hubs made me go to the ER and out on crutches I came. I went to the gym yesterday and all the trainers kept coming up and telling me how sorry they were like I wasn't still going to compete. What? I called my trainer this morning, (hereafter referred to as The Punisher) and asked him if that's what they meant. He said he didn't know if I could still compete, it depended on how I healed. I'm totally freaking out. How could this happen? So, I'm trying to be good and not rush things. I'm staying off of it today and keeping it elevated and doing the stretches and stuff BIL told me to do. If I'm not walking well enough by Friday to do cardio, then I'm in trouble. If anyone can still get me there though it's The Punisher. I have great faith in his training and I know he'll push me to get there once I'm able to. BIL said he would help, too. So....ANKLE BE HEALED!!!

Meanwhile....My boys, Thing 1 and Thing 2, have been taking a little advantage of the fact that I can't get around very well. They were hideous yesterday after picking them up from school. I was so exasperated by the time hubs got home that I collapsed into tears. Really. A grown woman totally beat down by two 7 year olds. My husband reminded me that I was the grown up...why couldn't I control them? I wonder...could it be the pain shooting from my foot putting me on edge? Or could it be that Thing 2 managed to fling his body across my ankle as it was propped up on a pillow THREE TIMES??? I'm not analyzing the situation...just bring me a bottle of wine and be gone.

2 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

It's kind of freaky reading your blog! It sounds like my writing when I read it in my head! I guess we sound alike in there too!

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger ThirtyTen said...

Okay Valeri...I think I can read drunkenease!! Just drink one for me while you're at it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home