Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Torturess and the Hare

My first Ice Therapy (AKA Torture therapy) treatment on my ankle was such a help that I had another one today. I actually went in voluntarily to have the Torturess (my massage therapist at Lifetime) dig ice cubes into my ankle which was...in a word....TORTURE! I know that this therapy will speed the healing process thus enabling me to attend July's competition..but DAMN WOMAN...take it easy!!! I think, no I KNOW, I left with more bruising than I went in there with. I was also chastised for not soaking alternately between hot and cold before I went to bed. This is suppose to pull out the toxins and help the tendons and ligaments heal better. It's hard to keep a hyper person down, and believe me I'm trying my best. The advil that I'm taking to keep down the swelling just makes me think I don't have as much pain as I do. Then I over do it. Imagine That. So I promised I would do it tonite. I hook back up with The Punisher on Tuesday for our first powerlifting workout. I need both of my feet to do this, so I guess I better get on the stick and do what I'm told. I'm getting around without crutches and with minimal pain now which is good. I just need to get my flexibility back as it's still really stiff and not yet ready for running , etc.

The other torture I am currently enduring are Thing 1 and Thing 2's food requests. On the way to the pool today we passed IHOP. Thing 2 asked, "mommy can we go to IHOP tomorrow morning?" I explained that we really needed to wait until after my competition so that I could eat there, too. So Thing 1, trying to be helpful, suggested we go to MiMi's cafe instead for French Toast. Yeah...I don't think so. Later at the pool Thing 1 asked if he could go to the grill and get an ice cream sandwich. I'm not a huge ice cream person so I didn't expect to be bothered watching him eat it. He returns with an OREO COOKIE ice cream sandwich!! AGGGGHHHHH! Those of you that know me know that Oreos are my favorite cheat food of all time. I can eat an entire row out of the package at a time. I already plan on packing a bag of them to take to Vegas to eat when I'm done. Then Thing 2 shows up with an orange smoothie and insists I give it a try. I wish they could understand how hard it is for me to say "no". That mommy's willpower is truly being tested right now. But I know they're too young to get that. NOW hubs has just walked in and declared we're going to El Fenix tonite to eat dinner. I plead, please can we stay home?? It's too hard for me to eat out right now. He said to just eat before we leave so that it's not such a temptation. Yeah, thanks. Watching you guys eat icebox lemon pie and sopapillas is treat enough for me I guess. I just have to keep my eye on Monica's picture in my profile so that I can stay focused. You don't get a body like that indulging and eating sweets. I CAN DO IT....oh...please pray for me.

3 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

So I guess you don't want me to tell you about the awesome pie I found this weekend...

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Kami said...

And I'll shut up about my anniversary dinner.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Kami said...

MAN, how I love me some plain, non-buttered, non-salted brown rice. It's like, seriously, my favorite indulgence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home