Thursday, July 13, 2006

NOW what....

Just when we started to relax a bit on our brother's condition, we find out yesterday he has another bridge to cross. They found a blod clot in the leg that's broken and will have to snake down thru the jugular today to put in a "net" to catch it if it breaks off. After he recovers a bit more they'll give him blood thinners to help it break up. They are finding new injuries every day. They now believe he has a broken nose or other bones in his face and a broken hand. I am sure they will continue to find things especially when he's coherent enough to start complaining about pain, etc. They haven't scanned his neck yet and he's still in a collar. I would think that would be one of the first things you'd check but what do I know. He has surgery later today to piece his leg and hip back together with rods and pins. So throw some prayers his way today if you can.

On a happier note, my husband bought me a Palm One Treo phone and I signed all the paperwork on the new "girls" to be implanted on the 8th...woot, woot!!! I can hardly wait. I have to say I got a little anxious at all the risks I had to sign off on but I know those things are not common. I have not briefed The Punisher on my decision to have that surgery yet...he's gonna freak. I won't be able to lift heavy for about 6 weeks. He's chomping at the bit and counting the days until I get off the crutches and out of the boot. He's going to be so deflated. Poor Punisher. I must find him someone else to torture while I'm gone!! Any volunteers??

I'm off to take the boys swimming at a neighbor's house. She's the best!! She sprung us from the house yesterday and took us to Target. You would have thought it was Six Flags as excited as we were to get out!

3 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger Kami said...

The Punisher will be deflated, while you will be inflated.

BWAAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!

Brother will be okay. He will. He has a long road ahead of him, but he'll get down it.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe this accident will be the turning point where your brother changes...maybe...

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

I got nuthin' witty to say. Kami stole my thunder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home