Tuesday, June 27, 2006

WTF??? Wednesday


Got the MRI results today on my ankle. Not dancing any jigs or singing any songs. Hell, I'm not even going to be walking on my own two feet come Friday. Totally sucks. So, the posterior tibial tendon in my right ankle IS ruptured. He won't know until he goes in how bad it is. Oh yeah, he has to do surgery. He said I could try going on crutches for four weeks to see if it healed on it's own, but even then, it could still rupture completely down the road considering how active I am and the events I'm training for. Sooooo, I could go on crutches for 4 weeks for absolutely nothing. Hubs won't hear of doing anything but the surgery. He doesn't want to risk me being crippled up later on, which is what would happen if it ever ruptured all the way. So I'm scheduled for surgery Friday morning. I have to wear this totally sexy boot for another 6-8 weeks and will probably be on crutches the first four. Nice. The Things will totally love that. I won't be able to catch them! I'm too depressed to bitch about the situation, so Football Widow will catch a break from my bitching for at least one post. Maybe I'll pick up some steam tomorrow after I sleep on the situation.

4 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Blogger Kami said...

Geez, Valeri!

All this because of a damn hurdle. Crap, woman! What will we do with you?

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger TheStolenOlive said...

Good luck!

I had my first surgery in December, a patellar bursectomy on my left leg. Not a big deal at all.

You will fly thru this. Hopefully the Things wont drive you too nuts... Darvocet is a good thing.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

It will be good. I promise! Don't be sad.

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Monogram Queen said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery and minimal pain :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home