Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Do You Hear That?


Ssssshhhhhh......OH! It's SILENCE!! Something I haven't heard much of since school let out. My friend, MuscleMomma, called me yesterday and asked, "can I pick up your boys this week and take them to VBS at our church all week? I would pick them up at 8:20 and bring them home by 12:30." Hmmmm, let me think about that one.....four hours to get things done without breaking up fights and having two voices screaming at me at the same time??? Well....OKAY! I will miss them though because in between all that other stuff are lots of hugs and kisses I miss during the school year. They're going to have alot of fun though!! So here I sit, in utter silence, just the sound of the keys clicking. Nice.

Can I say it sucks to get older??? Can I hear an AMEN??! If I listed off all my aches and pains you would immediately click over to someone else's blog. Why do I do this to myself? I wish I had started lifting weights seriously in my twenties and maintained it. Hindsight, yes? I think it's worth it though to have a body that looks considerably younger, even though all my little tendonosis' issues make me feel older! Trade offs I suppose. What I love even more is the sense of accomplishment. Yesterday, The Punisher had me use 50lb dumbbells on chest press again. I've been stuck at 45lbs for a while but finally moved up last week. THEN on the next set he gave me 55lb dumbbells! I looked at him a little stunned. He said I could totally do it since he didn't even help me on the last set. Woohooooo, big boy weights!! He even had to borrow a set from the man working out next to us for me to use. I totally LOVE that! If anyone reading this thinks they're too old to start working out that hard again, think again. I think you get stronger as you get older. It's definately easier for me to build muscle now than it was in my twenties because of muscle maturity. Now I believe I am most definately stronger. If I can get my joints to hang in there, maybe I will stop feeling so ancient!

Okay....If you want to see something shocking....go here: http://my-shrinkage.blogspot.com/2006/06/there-ought-to-be-law-against-this.html It's like looking a something horrible that you just can't look away from. AAAAAAhhhhhh!!

4 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger Speckledpup said...

you know girl you are almost inspiring me to start working out.

when I worked out in my 20's there were several of the trainers who wanted me to train for competitions. At the time, I wasn't into that. But you keep inspiring me. I find myself thinking about this alot....

how did you get started?
email me the_speckledpup @ yahoo dot com.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger ThirtyTen said...

Valeri - It's a NAKED WOMAN!! Can you believe that? That's why I am SOOO getting implants!

Speckled Pup - I'm on it!

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Kami said...

Can your friend pick up Nik, too?

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

I wish you could make me get off my lazy ass. Must get back in some sort of shape before the next kid!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home