Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Man Under my Bed

A while back while hubs and I were asleep, he reached over and poked me (with his finger you sick people) and said, hey listen to this. So I listened and I heard these little feet running across the hall........then silence.........then POUNCE! He started laughing and said it was Thing 1 going back to bed from the bathroom. He said he always runs down the hall and then stops short of his bed then leaps into it. I just gave him a blank stare. Exasperated he said, "Isn't that funny???" I said, um, well, I guess, but I suppose it's hereditary. "Huh?" Well....when you're not in bed and I'm up here all alone I do the same thing. He roars with laughter. Yeah, funny. "WHY? Why would you leap into bed??" I'm afraid if I stand next to it, some man will reach out from under my bed and grab my ankle. THEREFORE, I cannot, I will not, stand next to the bed. This requires a leap when returning from the bathroom. "You have GOT to be kidding me...you're a grown woman." Again, I give him a blank stare. Yes, I am completely aware of my age. However, I'm not standing next to the bed in the dark when you are not in it. That's final. He proceeds to laugh himself to sleep.

My mother always warned me about watching scary movies when I was young. In fact, she forbid them. When I was 12 or 13 I went to my best friends house (yes, you know who you are you crazy Plano Lurker....would you just register already???). We stayed up past midnight watching the Exorcist. Her house was the coolest...we could do WHATEVER we wanted. Unfortunately, that didn't always work out like we planned it. 72 hours later when I was finally able to fall asleep I was permanently afraid of the dark. Permanently. Rationally, I know that there's no one hiding under my bed. But standing next to it in the dark makes every little hair on my body stand on end. So I either turn on the lamp and wake myself up OR I run and leap. Somehow leaping doesn't disturb my ability to fall back asleep. The imaginary footsteps I hear walking into my room do though...but that's another story.

Hubs is out of town, so I have allowed Thing 1 and Thing 2 to sleep with me tonite. I guess you could say....we'll be Three Lords a Leaping the rest of the night. Peace!

4 Comments:

At 7:05 AM, Blogger Speckledpup said...

of course you jump into the bed...where did you get that husband...doesn't he know anything?


gawd.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Kami said...

You are a mess. Seriously. ;)

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

You're such a dork. Just store stuff under your bed so that you know there is no way possible that anyone could fit under there. That's what I do :)

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger ThirtyTen said...

Unfortunately there is so much stuff under my bed, I couldn't even fit one of The Things under there! It's just a mental thing. Like Kami said...I'm a mess!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home