Friday, June 02, 2006

You Go Girl!!!

My training partner Karen, we'll just call her MuscleMomma, is competing in the NPC Lone Star Classic http://ofitness.tempdomainname.com/contests/lonestar/ this weekend in Plano. Check her out....isn't she cute?? Can you believe she's ThirtyTen something, too??? This music is what she's using in her posing routine along with "American Woman" and the routine is really cool. She has already had two competitions in the last month and she did really well. She's coming in at her strongest in this one though....so we're expecting big things from you MuscleMomma!!! Her body fat percentage is down to 4.9% which took an incredible amount of willpower and deprivation. After this weekend, she's taking a much needed break. I haven't been working out with her since she's been doing her pre-contest training and I miss her :-( . Our other friend Gracie is competing in the figure category and is going to kick ass, too. She also has her body fat down to 4.9%. Sorry, Gracie, I don't have your pics yet. So everyone give some love to MuscleMomma and Gracie...they deserve it with all the work they have done this past year.

I had to cancel my trip to Tampa this weekend to train on the obstacle course. Yeah...I tried running on the treadmill Wednesday and almost passed out. Not happening just yet. If I can't run, I can't train. So we rescheduled it for the weekend of the 23rd. I'm kinda glad to be honest with you because now I don't feel the pressure to get my ankle to heal faster...especially since it's not cooperating. I went to see the fabulous Dr. Mary Collings on Wednesday and she said I had tendon damage on the inside AND THE OUTSIDE of my ankle. She's doing some new kind of therapy where she basically electrocutes my foot! When I was there, Dirk Niwitski (sp?) was coming out and some lady freakin' FLIPPED OUT! I admire athletes and all but you would have thought Jon Bon Jovi was in the room!!! Get a grip woman!! Or maybe she just likes freakishly tall dudes..I don't know...but I wanted to just slap her. Especially in a Dr.'s office. Act like that at the American Airlines center and everyone would probably just join in. Otherwise, have some self control...you look like a freak!

4 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Speckledpup said...

oh good thoughts on your speedy recovery.

have a great weekend.

The PUp.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

I will NEVER EVER have that kind of willpower. I admire it. Good luck to both of them.

Dr. Mary is a miracle worker. I love her. Need to go see her.

Um, we still going to this thing? What time is it? HELLOOOO, you need to call me :)

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger Kami said...

I would not have known who Dirk was had the Spurs not been playing the Mavs. He's not even cute. ;)

Anyway, I'm glad you aren't pushing it with your ankle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home