Thursday, July 06, 2006

Still Alive

Just reporting t.hat I am, indeed, still alive. Hubs went back to work today, so I have sneaked into the office to try to catch up on everyone's blogs! Can I just tell everyone what an amazing husband I have??? He has waited on me hand and foot since Friday. He's been so very sweet, but I'm sure he'll be relieved when I get off my "crunches" (Thing 1 is completely unable to pronounce crutches, so that is how we refer to them around here now). We are fast fooded out...hubs isn't much on cooking so he's been hitting the drive thru's. I have never been much of a fan of drive thru food to begin with, so I doubt I touch it for a LONG WHILE after I recover!! Thank goodness the Schwan's man delivers today. I'll stock up on some easy stuff for him to prepare!!

Thing 1 and Thing 2 have been adorable as well. They put one of their whistles on a string and put it around my neck so I could call them when I needed them. Unfortunately, their hearing is as selective to my whistle as it is to my voice. They do come eventually, though, and are always more than happy to help mommy out.

I still can't get up for more than a few minutes at a time or my ankle begins to swell pretty quickly. It's really uncomfortable in the boot when it's swollen, so I'm doing my best to stay down. MuscleMomma and I took The Punisher out to lunch for his birthday yesterday and it was so great to see him! I had to break it to him that I wouldn't be back until after the stitches came out on the 18th. He's really going to freak, though, when I tell him that HUBS TOOK ME TO THE PLASTIC SURGEON AND SET A DATE FOR MY IMPLANTS!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, you heard me right. He rocks...he's the king! He couldn't take me moping around about missing out on all my competitions, so he told me while I was recovering that this is as good a time as any to have it done. Otherwise, I would have to take off another 3-4 weeks from heavy lifting again later down the road. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT??? All these years I've wanted to have it done and it's finally arrived! We scheduled it for August 8th so we can be sure I'll be off my "crunches". I'm going to use Dr. Robert Schwartz in Dallas. He's really cool and comes highly recommended. I am no longer down in the dumps and will be counting down the days to the "new me".

Thanks again to all the well wishers and people that have been here to help me out. I am truly blessed!!

1 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, Blogger Kami said...

HOLY MOLY!

You will, of course, have to let us see, you know. I mean, not on here, but in person, and stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home