Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Two Feet with Two Shoes!!

Wow, what a week so far!! I had my first real physical therapy appointment yesterday and I did so good that they let me take off the boot....permanently!! WOOOHOOOOO!! It's a bit painful to walk yet, but it's soooo nice to do it in two shoes. Just in time, too, because I started getting a heat rash from the boot the day before.

I had my first real leg workout since May today and it was a woopin! The Punisher took no mercy on me but was very cautious about what he had me do. I could barely walk down the stairs when I was done and it wasn't because of my ankle. Amazing how much your muscles atrophy when they're not being used AT ALL. I felt like such a wimp. When I did squats on the smith machine there were only two 10lb plates on each side. OMG, I thought I was going to lose it. I usually have at least a 45lb plate on each side just to warm up with. Baby steps, The Punisher says. We'll get back there soon. It was nice to sweat like a pig for a change though. I swear I'm not wearing pants until my calf catches back up though. I look like I have a peg leg...no kidding. It's really embarrasing. No cute strappy shoes for me anytime soon.

I got my mammo back today and they want me to come back and have another one. They found some calcifications on the left side and just want to be sure. I'm not freaked out at all...I know that's common and it's usually nothing. I'm more worried about getting it out of the way before the big day!! They said I should be able to get in by the end of this week though. Phew.

Hubs is teaching the boys to play golf. It's the cutest thing you've ever seen. They just look like little men out on that driving range and they're both doing really well. I took some pics with my new Treo when I was watching last week but haven't been able to get them transferred to my computer for some reason. Because I'm technically challenged, you say? Okay, yeah probably. I'll try again later.

4 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Isn't your hubs some computer guru? Put him to work. I want to see pics!

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Kami said...

Orrrr, maybe you could take some pics with your camera?

;)

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Doug Bagley said...

Hey ya,
I'm finally back online and will have a fresh post Monday as usual.
Thanks for your patience.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yea for you and your shoes!!!

Golf is one of those things I just never quite understood...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home