Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Girls on Hold

So sad....I'm suppose to be getting the new "girls" today. Did you know if you were allergic to latex that you can't have surgery in an outpatient surgery center??? Me either. This doc will only do it in a full scale hospital, so I had to be rescheduled for next week. I'll find out the date later today. Heavy sigh.....

Boy was I in a pissy mood yesterday. I'm not talking about a little irritable. No. I'm talking, "whip around and hit you with a hatchet if you talk to me" bad mood. So, for those of you that didn't have to see me consider yourselves saved. Hubs wasn't so lucky. He caught the majority of it all day. I think I have new wrinkles from all the scowling I did. Was it PMS? I wish I had that excuse. I think it was a combination of being irritated about rescheduling the surgery, The Things yelling and screaming in the car, the ortho saying my ankle was still too tight and ordering 4 more weeks of torturess physical therapy, and looking for a new place for my Dad to live.

Oh yeah....the time has arrived. My father can no longer physically take good care of himself or his house. He can still bath and dress but he can't stand up long enough to cook, etc. He hasn't yet accepted the fact yet though and the thought of living in an assisted living community with a bunch of blue hairs really upsets him. After checking some places out I can totally see where he's coming from. He's so much younger than most of the people in those places but his body just isn't cooperating. He has horrible back problems and needs a knee replacement. I've found a couple of independent living communities where they cater to them quite a bit, so maybe that will be a happy medium.

On a more positive note....I got a new car!! Wooohoooo....I totally wasn't expecting hubs to buy me a new one. I got another Acura TL, black on black, way cool. You'd think it would get really hot in this part of the world but so far it's not bad at all. It helps that when I hit my remote button twice it lowers all the windows before I get to it. Can I tell you that Bluetooth totally rocks?! About once a day, though, someone looks at me like I'm crazy for carrying on a conversation in my car when I'm all alone. Oh well....I WAS a little crazy yesterday!

2 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Speckledpup said...

so who cares what they think.

congrats on the new ride girl.

just checkin' on ya.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger mikster said...

Glad you're in a better mood today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home