Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Warning: The Following Post Contains Material That Can Cause Lightheadedness, Nauseous Stomach, and Severe Glute Pain.....


I cannot believe I didn't post about the much anticipated Leg Day with Shawn, herein to be referred to as The Terminator!!! Following is a recap of our leg workout last Friday. We totally hung with it and I only got dizzy once when I stood up too fast after leg press. I was totally proud of the fact I did NOT need a trash bag. Here it is:

Superset #1 (completed 3 times...no rest)
1 Legged Leg Press 90lbs 20 reps
Hack Squat 50lbs/70lbs/90lbs 20/15/12 reps

2 mins bike

Superset #2 (completed 3 times...no rest)
Close Stance Leg Press 180/270/360lbs 20 reps
Leg Extensions 80lbs 15 reps

2 mins bike

Superset #3 (completed 3 times...no rest)
Hyperextensions 20 reps (not normal extensions....some wierd thing that totally isolates your hams)
Laying Ham Curl 60lbs 15 reps
Smith Machine Deadlift 50lbs 20 reps

2 mins bike

Superset #4 (completed 3 times...no rest)
Free Motion Calf machine 160lbs 20reps
Donkey Calf raises 180lbs 12 reps
(super light for calves...I know...but ankle still can't take much more than that)

30 minutes brisk pace on treadmill

Did that make you tired? Just looking at the exercises, it doesn't really look all that bad. It was the fact that we had no rest time at all. It's really hard to keep that pace on legs, even if it's not super heavy. I didn't get terribly sore probably because of the bike in between sets pulling all the lactic acid out of my muscles. My calves were SCREAMING for three days though. I almost fell every time I stood up! Unfortuantely, The Terminator said that was the EASY leg workout. Eeeek. I better carb up really good for this Friday!!

3 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Blogger SusanH said...

Wow, was your heart going? Leg press/extensions are a killer combo, esp. with no rest between sets! It only gets better, ha ha!

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Matilda said...

Holy crap! I'm outta breath just reading the post ;).
No rest between sets has got to kick your butt! Awesome!

Keep it coming. You are helping to keep my motivation high for when I start kicking my own arse :).

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Kami said...

SO LAUGHING AT VALERI!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home