Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Strong Girls ROCK...did you hear?


Isn't it great when someone tells you how awesome you are? What is that? Why don't we believe we are amazing without someone telling us that we are? MuscleMomma and I were really intimidated to start training with Shawn at first. After a week of hearing how "strong girls rock!" and how cool it is to see a woman push through the pain....I think I'm liking this guy! We were so scared he was going to think we were a couple of girlie girls. We're used to working out in a family gym with a bunch of soccer moms, so to go to a real testosterone filled gym was a little wierd. Needless to say we're beginning to feel more at home. We are surviving his relentless pace even though he's not going "light" like he said he would. I have to say I'm a little relieved because I enjoy lifting heavy. I just have to watch my joints because my muscles tend to outpace them and they give me grief.

I.....ate.....cheese pizza....tonite. Okay, there I said it. Now I feel better. I could've done worse, right? AND I only ate two pieces. We had two coaches out today and hubs had to go to his other office, so I was left teaching 7...count them.....7 agility classes by myself today. Therefore, I felt I earned the cheese pizza. Enough said. I know I had to have burned WAY more calories than the ones I ate....so there. Hubs looked at me like I had two heads when I started eating it though. I really wanted to punch him but I just glared and munched on!

Thing 1 is home with strep throat again. Seems the first round of antibiotics didn't take. At least he's not acting like he feels terrible this time. So I get to hang out and cuddle with him all day tomorrow. I take every minute like that I can since him and Thing 2 are about to be 8. They won't let me get away with that much longer. Did you just hear that tear drop????

4 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger SusanH said...

Wow, you 2 must be really cranking it up at the gym! You deserve that pizza after that many classes. Not sure what agility classes are?
I often wonder how boys get out of the cuddling habit with their Moms. That is too cute. Happy cuddling!

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Kami said...

Poor thing 1.

Um, is there something wrong with soccer moms? Not that I go to the gym. Ever. ;)

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger ThirtyTen said...

Kami....nothing wrong with soccer moms AT ALL. It's just different being surrounded by people that bodybuild and compete because when they look at you they're checking out your size, symmetry, etc. That can make you a little self conscious when you're not at their level yet.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Kami said...

I know. I'm just playing with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home