Monday, November 20, 2006

I Am Indeed....TORCHED


So we had our first workout with Shawn today. He said he would "torch our ass" and he did just that. The funny thing was that our workout was completely over in 50 minutes. We probably only had a total of 3 minutes rest the whole time though which would explain a big part of it! MuscleMomma called me just a couple of hours later saying how she was already getting sore and it wasn't even 3:00 yet. I have to admit my purse felt like I was lugging around a ton of bricks. We worked arms and shoulders and did alot of multi-joint movements which neither of us is really used to. My shoulders are definately aching but I LOVED how pumped my arms got after the first giant set! They felt like they were going to burst right out of my skin. I'm on my second week of Nitrix, too, so that may have had something to do with it also. A big plus is that we aren't even lifting terribly heavy, so I can tell that I'm not going to have as many problems with my joints as I have had in the past. We go back on Wednesday for chest and back. I think I'm going to like this guy. I may have to transfer the name "The Punisher" over to him. Click on him above and you'll see he fits the name. His neck is as big around as my thigh!

The boys are out of school this week and I love having them around. We took my friend "the lurker" (I call her that because she's read my blog from DAY ONE and has never posted a comment...hmmpppfff!) to lunch for her birthday. We went to the Olive Garden and had the best waiter. He made a big deal out of the birthday song and made her put on this hat, hold a cup in her mouth that looked like a beak, and flap her arms with these napkins to make her look like a bird! I tipped him BIG. She was a good sport!

5 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Blogger SusanH said...

Alright, gotta love that pump! It is also nice to get in and out of the gym quickly. Good job on hanging with the lower rest intervals, that can be tough.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Matilda said...

Sounds like you guys got your moneys worth!! LOL. Keep it coming. ;)

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Matilda said...

Sounds like you got your $$$$$ worth LOL! Keep it coming :).

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Kami said...

But that boy was sooooooo cute. SO CUTE.

Glad you are happy with this new guy. I don't think I'd cross him!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger MuscleMomma said...

BAM--Look at me, I'm Blogging!!! I'm excited for tomorrow-chet and back and i know I'm crazy but can't wait until LEG day!!!!!!!!!!
MuscleMomma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home