Friday, November 24, 2006

Post Turkey Day Recovery

Alas, the day of eating is over. I so loved that full feeling!!! I was actually pretty good though and didn't eat alot of high fat things. I only had one dessert which was a yummy slice of pumpkin cheesecake that my sister made. I just LOVE cornbread dressing though and am sad I won't be having any more as of today. This was by far the easiest Thanksgiving dinner we have ever had. We decided to try to have everything ready by noon and had it ready by 11:30! My sister is HIGHLY organized and she was in charge...so there you have it!

On Wednesday we worked chest and back with Shawn. He was amazing at working around my limitations caused by the surgery from getting "the girls". He modified everything that I couldn't do and I had the best chest workout I've had since coming back. I'm actually really sore and my upper back is screaming for a massage! We did one arm rows with 45lbs for 15 reps. We must be really good clients because he made the comment that it felt like we had trained together for years and it was only our second workout. I was struggling to get through my last set when he said, "strong girls rock!". That motivated me to push through just as hard with the last rep as the first. Today is leg day....Oh my Bob....I have my trash bag ready but am excited at the same time. I'm wierd, I know.

Okay....why do I have to choose between zits or dry skin??? Why? Ugh. My face had been breaking out really bad and I didn't have my regular skin stuff so I went to Walgreens and bought some acne cleanser. My zits are gone but now I feel like the Phantom of the Opera dude. Total mask face. I'm afraid if I smile really big or grimace during our workout that my face is going to crack and fall off. It's so frustrating having this problem at my age. I hardly had zits as a teenager but have to battle it constantly now. They're not the big nasty kind, just tons of little ones. Maybe that's the real reason nobody believes my age. How could someone my age look like a pimply faced teenager? I'm beginning to wonder if the arginine has anything to do with it because it seems worse lately. Anyone know?

I'm off to eat tons of carbs so MuscleMomma doesn't show me up today! She just FINALLY got her own blog....woooohooooo! Hopefully we can get her up and running in the next week. She's hilarious so I absolutely cannot wait. I do, however, fear retribution for the face pic I ran on her a few posts back. Uh...love ya MuscleMomma...heeeheee!!

P.S. I don't advocate going home and getting stoned as my current song playing suggests....you who thinks the songs I pick are picked for the lyrics. It's just another cool tune from Hinder.

3 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Blogger Kami said...

Oh darn. I was going to go home and get stoned.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger SusanH said...

Wow, 45lbs DBs? and for 15reps? You are soooo strong! I must agree that, "Strong girls rock!" Sounds like ur trainer knows what he is doing and is also motivating. That is so great, and I am envious, lol.
My friend had pimples when she was in her 30's, she had treatments with Accutane which finally cleared it up.
Hope to hear about ur next work-outs soon. :)

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger SusanH said...

Hey Girl,
How goes the training?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home