Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Countdown to Pancakes!!

In four more days I can relax with my family for the summer. I don't think I'll know what to do with myself when I don't have to eat every hour and show up for fittings and posing sessions. I'm really terrified of not having a date to work towards. Shawn wants me to pick a fall competition so I don't let myself go to pieces this summer. That's probably a really good idea.

I'm ready to go....my backstage bag is packed, my spray tan appointment is made, I get my hair highlighted today and my toes painted tomorrow!! I can't begin to tell you how much less stressful this one is for me. I was so FREAKED before that last one! Work has been incredibly difficult for us the past few weeks, so I'm glad I haven't been so stressed I can't cope with work stress. I've actually been able to concentrate and get things done. Last time I just shut down the week of the show. I figure as long as I don't fall apart at home and at work my husband won't start taking any issues with me competing. So far, he's really loving it. I know alot of people who's spouses aren't so supportive. It's understandable though because it's really a "self indulgent sport" as my trainer puts it. It takes alot of your time and focus away from your family if you let it. So I've been very conscious of that this time around. I make sure I cook for everyone even when I'M SICK OF COOKING a gazillion meals a day. I keep the laundry and the house up and keep my stress to myself. I save it for the gym! Doing another one back to back is alot easier, also, since you just have to maintain. I almost feel guilty for not killing myself in the gym right up til the end. Shawn saw us yesterday and said we're way ahead of where we were before the last competition. So, here's hoping I place higher. This show has a TON of figure girls so it will be harder to place in the top five. That's all I'm doing this time, so I guess that's another reason for my lack of stress. It was really hard for me to do BB and Figure in my first competition. I'm looking forward to just enjoying this one and having fun!

Pancakes with REAL syrup Saturday morning. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

1 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Blogger valeri said...

Best of luch this weekend>. I hope the competition goes great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home