Friday, May 25, 2007

THIS is Why I Like Summer

Ahhhhh, 9am and I'm just getting out of bed. Thing 1 and Thing 2 are still sleeping. Summer is awesome. The boys marched in from school yesterday announcing they are now officially 3rd graders. That's just imossible for me to wrap my head around. Seems like they were just born a few years ago and now they're both turning into little men!

Today's our last heavy workout until the competition next weekend. We do two light workouts Monday and Tuesday and then I'M on summer break!! Woooohoooo!! Can't wait to lay around the pool! I'm not the slightest bit freaked or nervous about this next show for some reason. I told MuscleMomma that I'm worried I'm not preparing enough. I guess I feel guilty for not being nervous, not having to do much cardio, etc. She said she wasn't ever nervous after she got the first one out of the way and that I have nothing to worry about. You know how our brains work though....I look in the mirror and am convinced I've lost muscle, I'm fatter, I don't have as many cuts in my legs, blah, blah. MuscleMomma assures me I look great and that once I get the tan back on I'll see the cuts I'm imagining have disappeared. I hate being mental, Gah.

I want to tell all you girls out there fighting to do what we're doing...thanks. It's so awesome to have so much support. Sometimes its depressing training with someone that has been competing for so long. She always looks great and makes it look effortless. Don't get me wrong, MuscleMomma is the most loving and supporting person you'd ever meet. I could never have made it thru the Shredder without her. I know it's not effortless for her either, she works really, really hard. I guess it's envy?? I wonder if I'll ever look as good as her. Again, I hate being mental.

4 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Blogger SusanH said...

The mentalness is tough, but just keep pushing those thoughts away and tell yourself that you look great and you are going to do great. Take more pictures please!

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger valeri said...

Keep it up- you're doing/looking great!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Uh, I'm sorry. Did you just say fat? You are not allowed to use that word. No one with your body fat % is allowed to say that word! I can, but you can't :)

 
At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good-Luck this weekend....Are you only doing Figure this weekend or BB also? Just curious if you are doing BB what song you are using....

Life Is Good

Jordan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home