Saturday, May 19, 2007

WHAT Are you DOING Back There???

So we ran into one of Mike's oldest buddies from home and found out he lives in this area and is a Chiropractor. I needed to go in for an adjustment anyway, so I made an appointment and saw him yesterday. My Rhomboid on the right side in my back gets all tweaked up and pulls my spine and my shoulder out of whack, so I have to go have it beat down occassionally. He shares his practice with one of their other buddies that's a Rehab and pain management Doc. I got my adjustment, which was heaven by the way, and then rehab Doc comes in and gives me an injection in the rhomboids. OUCH. It wasn't actually an injection so much as like some kind of acupuncture because it's the needle going into the muscle or something that forces it to relax. I dunno. Anyway, it hurt like hell the rest of the day but it's starting to feel better now. Said I should see the full effects of it in about a week. I think I much prefer the electrode treatment that my prior chiropractor used to do on it but he says this is 10 times stronger and lasts longer. I guess we'll see. It also hurts 10 times more so if it doesn't work in an AMAZING way, I don't know if I'll have that done ever again.

Can I just say I love my metabolism??? It's revved up so hard right now, I can get away with a tiny cheat here and there and I'm only 2 weeks out!! Don't misunderstand me....I'm eating clean ALL the time. But I DID sneak a thumb print cookie at this bakery the other day after lunch. It was VERY tiny and I was on my way for a chest/back workout with Shawn so I wasn't really worried about it. I confessed to MuscleMomma later and I thought she would punch me!! My weight is actually down almost 3 lbs from the day I did the shredder. I really don't want to lose anymore, so I'm going to call Shawn today and see what he wants to change. My metabolism freaks him out when it speeds up like that. He said he's never seen anyone's take off so fast and he's been training for 20 years. I asked him if that meant I could have another cookie. You can imagine the look he got on his face after that!

Only 4 more days of school next week and Thing 1 and Thing 2 get out of school. That means they'll be home every day the week of the next show on June 2nd. Could be a dangerous week for them. I am a very grumpy girl without much water. They get to come to the morning pre-judge though and they're SO excited!!

8 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger valeri said...

There will be plenty of VBS's to send The Things to.\
What luck- speedy metabolism!! That must be nice.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger SusanH said...

Wow, how awesome that ur metabolism in cranked. I'm sure that thumb print cookie only made it faster with the sugar. Can't wait till u go on stage again. I'm so jealous. :)What r u doing afterwards? Taking a rest, I hope.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger RaeC said...

Yeeowch on the injection!! But if it helps you in the long run, then I guess it's what has to be done!!

Your photos you posted below are penomenal and very inspiring!! Can't wait to see the ones from your next comp.

Good luck with your comp prep, I'll be checking in to see how you're doing... try not to kill the kids... LOL!! xxx

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger doidle said...

Where is the show you'll be doing? I live in N. Dallas so I'd freaking LOVE LOVE LOVE to go. I hope it's not june 2....grr..I'lll be out of town.

Did you see Monica Brant when she was in town? I bet you did..but it might have been the week of the shredder. Check out my blog for pics of her. -Mary

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger ThirtyTen said...

Hey Mary, I went to your profile and there was no link to your site. Let me know where it is and I'll go check out the pics. Unfortuately it is June 2nd but maybe we'll catch up at the next one!

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Doesn't it suck when school ends and the kids come home - I'm dreaming up art projects for my 2 year old! That's awesome that they are excited to come watch the prejudging - I wish I could go . . . and eat cookies

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger doidle said...

doidlesworld@blogspot.com Thanks!

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger SusanH said...

Hey Girlie,
you've been tagged, c my blog. i know that u must be crazy busy right now, so whenever u get a chance. winding down till ur next show, woo hoo! r u a pro on those heels?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home