Sunday, January 14, 2007

Sleepover? Yeah, right.

So I felt "gucky" the other day because my little friend was creeping in on me and I didn't realize it. On Friday I burst into tears over absolutely nothing twice. Not that it was "nothing" but it definately wasn't anything to get all weepy about.

Yesterday was Thing 1 and Thing 2's eight birthday. Did I just say eight???? I don't know how that happened. It seems like yesterday they smelled like bananas and huggies and now they're handsome little men. To celebrate they had three friends over for a sleepover. I seriously think they should rename this little event a "hang-out-over" because no one, including the parents, gets any sleep! They were full steam ahead until just after 1:30am. At 5am I hear a bunch of giggling and go back to the gameroom to find them all gathered around the t.v. playing gamecube. I turned it off and made them all get back to their sleeping bags. That lasted about 10 minutes and then I heard them playing Foosball. Ugh. So I go back and tell them, fine, stay up, but you can't scream and yell. PLEASE keep it down. Did I really think I could get another 15-30 minutes of sleep? Yes, I'm blonde, thanks for asking. I gave up at 6am and went down to start breakfast since they all said they were starving. Of course they're starving, they've been up ALL NIGHT LONG. They blew through 1lb of bacon and 15 pancakes in 3 1/2 minutes and off they went. Parents were supposed to pick up at 10am. ONE parent picked up at 10am. The others managed to show up at 11am. All of the boys except one were REALLY good. The one boy I couldn't wait to get rid of.....yep....his mom showed up LAST. Guess she wasn't anxious to get him back either. THAT KID will never be invited back to my house again. I'll save those stories for another time.

So, I haven't worked out, not even cardio, since my killer leg workout on Thursday. Gooooood Gawd were my legs sore!!! I loved it! I'm planning on getting to the gym to do chest and back and some cardio sometime today. We're having a Texas blizzard (which means sleet and ice) so I'll have to see how that plays out. It's suppose to get worse before it gets better but right now the roads are totally fine. Since it was 70 degrees just a few days ago, I can't imagine that any of it would stick. There's no bridges or overpasses between me and the gym so I really have no reason not to go.

OH! And since my little friend has begun to pass, my scale is being nice to me again :). The weight's really dropping off without those nighttime carbs. Man, I'm starting to hate salads though. Ugh.

12 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger TheStolenOlive said...

At least you can eat salads... Try staying on a diet like that with no lettuce!

I started weight watchers on Thursday. I'm not getting out in the ice I don't care how "not bad" it is... so today will probably not be a very good day for this diet of mine... I'm out of good food at home. And the chili & tamales are calling my name.

Get some sleep after that "hang out party" ... I'm sure you will need it.

Happy Birthday Things!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Kami said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, THINGS!

So sorry I missed the hang out party. BWAHAHAHAAA.

I know my time is coming.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger chantal2bfit said...

Happy Birthday to the THINGS!

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger SusanH said...

How nice of u to have a sleepover for the boys, sounded like a nightmare for u, but lots of fun for them. I agree about getting sick of salads. I started just to slice various vegetables like yellow peppers and ate those instead. Hope u r getting some recovery time from the party.

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

ugh...blogger ate my post to you.

Happy birthday to the boys...sleepovers suck big ones. lol

Have a great workout and enjoy your salad.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Happy late birthday to the Things - very funny post, must remember this. I don't think I have to worry this year, as Megan will only be 2. But soon enough . . .

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

I couldn't do the no carbs thing. I think I'll just skip the sleep over thing. NO thanks on that!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Weight Master said...

good post. sounds like you had quite a nite.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Okay, I'm gonna have to start harassing you again - where you at???

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Hello, is this thing on????

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Those kids can't still be sleeping at your house, can they?

 
At 4:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

come out, come out wherever you are!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home