Sunday, May 13, 2007

"You Must Do the Thing You Think You Cannot Do" Eleanor Roosevelt

My sister gave me a mirror with this quote on the cover the night before I left for Austin...


I'm really embarassed that I was too overwhelmed with work at getting ready for the competition that I couldn't make time to blog. To tell you the truth, though, I wonder if it was because I was worried about writing about my true feelings so I avoided it altogether. I truly thought about cancelling along the way because I was just too scared. Doing a competition was so completely out of my comfort zone and that's not something people that know me would expect. Everyone thinks I'm the most confident person they know, however, that's all on the outside. I forced myself to plug along but I had to put on some serious blinders to accomplish it. That's just what I did, too. I accomplished my most feared goal!!



The show was last Saturday, May 5th in Austin and I did pretty good considering I almost had a full blown anxiety attack before I went out on stage the first time in pre-judging. The stage manager was terrified I was going to pass out on him, but I pulled it together and walked out for the Masters BB. I don't know if I've ever shaked that uncontrollably in my entire life!!! I shook the second time out for Masters Figure but by the time I went out for Novice Figure I was good. The nighttime show was a cinch after getting past my nerves and I NAILED my bodybuilding routine. I was sooooo excited!!! When I get the DVD I'll have to post it. I did my routine to Christina Aguilar's "Figher". Sheilahe Brown helped me put it together and it was totally my personality. So I ended up placing 4th in Masters BB and 7th in both Figure categories. I have fought against figure the whole time because I'm such a tomboy and not a girlie girl AT ALL. However, after seeing the pics I see now why everyone pushes me towards Figure. I am totally a figure girl bodywise. I went on stage at 117lbs and 7-8% bodyfat (we didn't pinch the week of the show......not much muscle for a bodybuilder but it was a natural show, so I figured I'd still have some fun!! Doing the routine was absolutely my most favorite part. I had so much fun I've decided to do the local NPC show in three weeks. It's a national qualifier so I hope I do really well. I'm going to live in these hooker heels for the next 3 weeks so I can get comfortable in them!!



Here's some pics from my photo shoot that I did when I got back so you can see how I turned out. These are pics just goofing around with my sister. We were comparing muscles and tans (or the lack therof!) No, my sister is NOT wearing white hose, haha!!


7 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger valeri said...

Woo Hoo she's back!! And with all good news too~ I am glad to hear your competitiona has given you some new confidence. Nice to hear that the competition went well for you too. It's hard to try something new especially when you are nearly naked!! Congrats on your first go round.

XOXO

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger SusanH said...

WOW! You look amazing, I love ur abs. Absolutely beautiful. Congratulations on getting over ur fears and accomplishing a challenging goal. So wonderful to hear u r doing well.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Yea, you're back!!! And you look amazing!!!! I want to see more pictures, I can only see the bottom one on the blog too. I'm so proud of you. I can't wait to hear what you going to do next.

 
At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great acomplishment! You better do a double take on your pictures because you have muscle on you... You have more mucle and definition then most bodybuilders that I have seen just starting out. I only hope that I can get to that point for my competion in 21weeks. Congrats!
Jordan

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

I knew you would do great! You always do! I'm so proud of you!

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger SusanH said...

I had to stop by and look at ur pic again to tell u how hot u look! :) I can only c the bottom pic too. You go girl!

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Matilda said...

Woot! Pictures and updates! I'm so happy!! You look great!! It's great to have you back and I can't wait to read and see the results frmo teh next show. WTG!!! So awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home