Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Quick Update

Sorry to leave you hangin' after the show. My husband and I run a sports company and our summer camps began yesterday with a vengance. With over 1,000 kids and multiple new coaches I have had my hands full since I finished the Lone Star!!

I didn't place in my height class. I'm not upset about it because the girls that did were awesome. Several were on their way to nationals and were doing a practice run so I didn't really stand a chance against them considering they were half my age and had been competing for years. So I'm okay with that!! I called up in the top five in both rounds of the masters but ended up not placing. I'm totally bummed about that. The girl that placed fifth was from my gym and everyone was sure I would place higher. Even the people I knew that came to the night show were suprised and asked why we thought she placed fifth. So I'm anxiously waiting for the NPC to post the results and the scoresheets so I can see where I ended up. I think there were between 12 to 14 in the class, so if I placed 6th I'll be pretty happy about that.

So give me a few days to get our camps situated and I'll post the pics. I have to admit I looked much better on stage than at my first show last month. I was really happy with the pics I got. So stay tuned :-)

4 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on competing and being able to get up on stage... For having Guts.....The figure competitions are confusing to watch sometimes.. You see women with muscles and they place first, and then you see some that have no muscle and are toned and place first...Sometimes there is no reason for it.. I don't get the judging....Have you thought about doing natural BB, to me there is no difference between that and some of the figure girls.. you just get a little leaner during comp time.. But you have almost the same muscle... Some of the Pro figure girls who do Fuigure have more muscle than natural BB. Plus you get to have a time to be singled out with your routine..

I have tried figure, and it is not for me. doing natural BB I may never place first,because I don't want to achieve that big size, but I like the muscles....The feminine type.

Congrats again.. There are few people that can get to the level that you did!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life Is Good..
Jordan

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

I was wondering just this morning what happened to you. Sounds like you've got your head on straight and gained some more experience. Can't wait to see pics and hear what the judges thought.

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Matilda said...

Congratulations on going into this comp more calm :). Whether or not you place you are still a winner to us :)! I can't wait to see more awesome pictures of you. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger ThirtyTen said...

Jordan - I did the BB in my first show which was a natural show. I loved it and had a blast with the routine but I just don't have the BB shape. You can see from my pics I am a true Figure girl and that's where I'll succeed. I sure missed doing the routine though, it's waaaay fun!

Laurie - Definately was nice to get more experience! I learn something that will help me more each time. Just makes me want to work harder.

Newbie - Thanks, thanks. You are an inspiration to me every time I read your blog. Your diligence and persistance is very motivating!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home