Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The Results Are In....


So here are the standings. I placed 7th out of 14 in the Masters Figure category. I placed 8th out of 11 in the Open Class. I should be pleased since this was only my second competition. I think I WAS until I saw Kami's pics. Here pics are great...it's her subject that has an issue. So here's my take on why I didn't place higher.

Look at this and tell me what's wrong with these 2 pics (I'm in the middle for those of you that haven't seen me before :-)):

AM I SLOUCHING???? WTF?! Dammit I was so pissed when I saw this pic. In the bottom pic, the girl on the left placed 5th and the girl on the right placed 2nd in Masters. There's me...miss 7th place....SLOUCHING. Damn. I talked to Sheliahe, my posing coach, and she concurred that I was slouching on stage but didn't want to tell me that night after I got done. I was just crushed when I saw this. I think it may have really hurt me in my placing. We're not even going to discuss the hairdo....or the lack thereof.

I am, however, pleased with the pic of my back pose. You have absolutely NO IDEA how hard Sheliahe had to work with me to get this one right!!! I practiced for hours every night until I finally got it figured out. Here it is:

Here's a few more pics:

This is a post all it's own...but you can see how the new "girls" have already moved south. I will bitch about that another time. So, all in all, it was a good show for me but has just made me want to work harder. I won't be happy until I place, so I've now decided to do the NPC Heart of Texas here in September. I won't have time to really put on much muscle but should be able to maintain with no problems. I've had my two days of pizza, beer, and yummy stuff and now it's back to the basics. Had roasted turkey and green beans tonite. Woop. Will continue to take the week off from the gym especially since I'm so slammed with work. I'll start hitting it next week. I'm not going to train with Shawn for a bit though to try to recover financially from these past two shows. Plus, he's competing in that one and it's hard for him to train someone for a show and also do it himself. He likes to give his clients 110% and he can't do that for himself when he's training others. I've already given Sheliahe a heads up that I need to work on my posture and posing!!

One last thing, I have started commenting on your wonderful comments!! I always think of what I'd like to say back but never get around to posting it :-) . I love all my blogger friends and I think of you all the time even when I can't get to the computer. Thanks for being there for me!!





9 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, Blogger Laurie said...

You look great!! And you learned something and I guarantee you will never slouch on stage again. Good for you for jumping back in so quickly, that's some serious commitment. I'm feeling the love - I wish I won the lottery and I could just fly around the country visiting everyone I talk to online.

 
At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ThirtyTen,

Amazing pictures......Left a message on my Blog for you today..

Jordan

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger SusanH said...

You are so gorgeous, TT! I would have been mad too, u will get ur chance again in Sept. I know ur going to place, look at how good ur doing!!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Speckledpup said...

every time I look at your pictures I think I have got to get into this body building thing.
every time.
wowser.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Matilda said...

You look wonderful despite the slouching..:) Hey it's something to improve the next time right? You'll nail it next time. I'm sure of it! Just think about pushing out the "girls" and that will straighten you right up ;p!

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Stef said...

Hi 30/10...I am new to reading your blog. Your pix look great and your muscle definition in awesome. I see what you mean about the slouching, but as Laurie said....you have learned something and slouching will never be an issue again.

Stef =)

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger ThirtyTen said...

Laurie - I know...we should try to pick a show that we could all meet at. That would be a blast!

Jordan and SuSan - Thanks so much!! I'm gonna MOP the floor with them in September. Booooyahh!!

Speckled Pup - Bring it Sista!

Stef - Thanks for stopping by. yeah, the slouching has GOT to stop.

Newbie - I was pushing out the "girls" I thought, but the had more momentum going down, haha!

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Kami said...

You're hot.

(*snort*)

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger RaeC said...

You look absolutely awesome and in my opinion, there is no way I would have placed that girl in 5th and you in 7th. I know she worked just as hard as everyone did onstage, but your muscularity is better, you have a far better back and are way leaner. With all respect to her and all the hard work she has put in to get to the stage, my honest opinion was that the placings were around the wrong way!!

She is very soft compared to your hardness. 2nd place is very lean and I can see why she placed, but I'm sorry, I cannot agree with 5th and neither can my flatmate who I showed the pictures to. Her comment when I told her that she placed ahead of you was "GET OUT!! NO WAY!!"

As for your posture, you have to remember "shoulders back, chest up and out" if you remember nothing else. Show the girls off... LOL!! It almost has to feel unnatural about how far your shoulders are back. Working on your posture is easy peasy and something that will be easy to fix.

You did awesome and it's such an achievement to make it to the stage, let alone be in the phenomenal shape you were in. My Coach says that it's almost a blessing to not place in your first show because you take nothing for granted and will always try harder than those who did.

Keep up the fantastic work!! xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home