Thursday, June 07, 2007

Not To Be Forgotten


I can't believe that I didn't even blog about my best friend Karen, aka MuscleMomma, placing 1st in Masters Bodybuilding!! She is so great and I'm so blessed to have her as a friend in life AND backstage. She helps me out so much I don't know what I'd do without her. I guess I'll have to find out in September for the NPC Heart of Texas because she won't be competing in that one. I'm really bummed but she's really going to be tied up with her daughter's drill team stuff now that her daughter is a lieutenant. She'll be there to root me on but it's not quite the same. I have a pic of her but blogger is being a pain and won't load it for me for some reason.


Well, I'm enjoying my week of Dos Equis and lime, pizza, etc. but it's back to the grindstone on Monday. I was going to get back on track the other day but I'm dragging it out until the weekend!! I talked to Shawn today to let him know I was on for September so I have my instructions. I'm going to work on my own until July to help myself recover a bit financially from these past two shows. He wants me to up my calories and to hit shoulders really hard. I have to say I really miss being at the gym. We're still members at Lifetime, too, so I took the boys to the outdoor pool today. I felt like I needed to run in and pound out a few sets!! Maybe I'll go ahead and go in some this weekend. Karen's leaving on Monday and will be in France for two weeks, so I'll be on my own unless hubby can make it in with me. Those are some of my best workouts sometimes though because I can really concentrate and squeeze. I'll just be sure to load up my new Pink CD before I go. That CD is awesome if you haven't heard it yet!






2 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger SusanH said...

Congrats to Karen! wow, that is awesome. Enjoy ur week off, u will be working soon enough and ur body needs the break. Kids seems to love swimming, don't they? Have a good weekend.

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger chantal2bfit said...

Congrats to your friend Karen! That's awesome that you're training for another competition! You really motivate me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home